ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Trailer Time: Butter


Political satires can be a lot of fun and insightful.

Wag the Dog was a movie I did not like the first time I saw it, but I have grown to absolutely love that film with its incisive commentary on modern spin and politics.  One of the great things about that movie is that it isn't right or left (they never mention the President's party affiliation).

I was hoping that Butter would be something like that: a take on modern politics set in the most ridiculous of settings.  The cast is great and it has been heavily promoted by the Weinsteins.

But unfortunately it looks... bad. 

Maybe I need to see more, but everybody seems like they're doing character skits on Saturday Night Live rather than inhabiting characters. 

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment