ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Trailer Time: Argo


I am actually very excited about this movie.  I am not ashamed to say that I have always been a fan of Ben Affleck.  He always seemed grateful for his good fortune and he was never hesitant to make fun of himself.  I am also one of the few people that love his interpretation of Daredevil.

He has already one an Oscar for writing.  But I was only aware of his skills as a director until I saw The Town.  That movie was so well done, it validated my admiration of Affleck.

This brings us to Argo.  This movie could have easily been a comedy.  Yes, it takes place during a very serious part of history, but the plot is so strange that I could see the temptation to point it towards the wacky.  But it looks like Affleck has found a good balance between the funky and the finessed.  We'll have to see.

Also good use of Aerosmith's Dream On.

No comments:

Post a Comment