ReasonForOurHope

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

D-Day Remembered


One of the ways I think that movies can have a positive impact on the soul is to bring the mind and the heart together.  I always knew about D-Day and I appreciated what it was as a child.  But when I saw Saving Private Ryan, I realized how little gratitude I truly had.


This movie placed me as much as it could in the shoes of the men who stormed the beaches and the hell that they caught.  It was not romantic or glorious.  It was war and it was hell.  But it made me think of that line from the Impossible Dream, "to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause."

That is what those men did on D-day.  Please pray for the repose of their souls and for their families.

D-Day.  67 Years ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment