ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Pray for the Unborn

 


Last night a supposedly authentic draft of a Supreme Court decision was leaked.  It appears that 5 justices on the Supreme Court have decided to overturn Roe v. Wade.

I will be honest, I did not think that this day would come in my lifetime.  And perhaps it still will not.  With this leak, there is bound to be strong political pressure exerted.

Please pray for our country.  This decision will probably lead to more division in our politics and more vitriol.  Pray that this law is overturned.

Remember, if Roe v. Wade is overturned, it does NOT make abortion illegal.  What will happen is that things will revert to the way things were before this case: each state will make its own abortion laws.

Overturning Roe has never been the endgame for the pro-life movement.  It is an important milestone, but more importantly, we must build a culture of life.  If this happens, our work is just beginning.

The Lord said that some demons can only be exorcised with prayer and fasting.

I invite us to do the same.

I read someone online suggest that we do a "floating novena" which is praying 9 Memorare prayers.

So let us turn to the Virgin Mary and call upon her intercession for the unborn!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment