ReasonForOurHope

Friday, September 27, 2013

Barilla in Hot Water

I know I've been away for a few days and this post will be brief, but I had to comment.

There are people calling for a boycott of Barilla because they say that they will never have a same-sex couple in their advertisements.

Again, just as with Orson Scott Card, the anti-bully bullies are telling people how they must behave.

Buy Barilla, don't buy Barilla, that's up to you.

But are we really going to boycott all companies until they have same sex couples in their ads?

Are we going to boycott Sesame Street until Burt and Ernie get married?

Are we going to not watch Breaking Bad because there aren't enough men kissing men and women kissing women?

I don't know, but as a Catholic it would never occur to me to boycott Count Chocula because the commercials never showed families praying before meals.  Or I don't think that the lack of priests and nuns in a deodorant commercials would dissuade me from buying Old Spice.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment