ReasonForOurHope

Monday, December 9, 2019

Trailer Time: GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE







Okay, THIS is how you do a Ghostbusters sequel.



I love the fact that it is in a completely different setting than New York.  This leads to a completely different visual feel.  I can see how this trailer could be called out for fan service, but I think the producers rightly need to lean into that after the antagonistic relationship the last Ghostbusters production had.



The directing looks nice and slick and the story is intriguing.  Someone once pointed out that the original Ghostbusters is a comedy that is filmed like a horror movie.  This seems to take a cue from that, but with a bit more of an action twist.  I don't mind that, but I like the creepy, mystery vibe.  It was one of the things I liked about the trailers to Super 8 (though the execution of that movie could have been better).



Honestly, watching this trailer felt like watching the teaser to The Force Awakens.  Of all of the Disney Star Wars films, that one is the best because it is the one that captured the spirit of the franchise most completely.



I get that same feeling so far from Ghostbusters: Afterlife.



Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment