ReasonForOurHope

Monday, December 16, 2019

TRAILER TIME: Top Gun: Maverick (2020)







I was lukewarm to the idea of this movie until I saw the first teaser a few months ago.



Now my reaction after watching this trailer is "Hell, yeah!"



The thing that I appreciate the most is that this movie feels like something I haven't seen in a long time: an action movie with real action.



In an age when CGI is par for the course, there is something special, something tangible about seeing real-life fighter jets in action in a way that I cannot recall seeing them before.  The action feels visceral.  I can almost feel the vicarious G-forces while watching.



Cruise has lost none of his charisma.  I recently re-watched the original Top Gun and while the story is light, the movie is fun, with interesting characters.  This trailer promises more of the same.  It feels like it will hit a lot of the same story beats too (I get the feeling someone is going to pull a Goose in this one as well).



But I'm completely ready for this film.



Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. It looks good, but I hope there's more action than the first one, which was more of a romantic drama with a few action scenes than a true action film.

    ReplyDelete