ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chaplet for the Unborn

On Tuesday it will be exactly 9 weeks until the next election.  I would like to invite anyone who wishes to pray a novena for our country.

The Catholic tradition of praying a novena is traditionally done over the course of 9 days.  But I think we can all agree that our great country is always in need of prayers.

Particularly, I would offer to you the Chaplet for the Unborn.


I encountered this prayer about 4 years ago before the last presidential election, and I have been praying it every day since.

Like other chaplets, you pray it on a standard Rosary.

The opening prayers are:

1.  Glory Be to the Father... (x3)
2.  Our Father...


For each decade:
On the Our Father beads:
"Hail Mary..."

On the Hail Mary beads:
"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph: we love you.  Save souls and unborn children."

After the 5 decades, the Closing Prayer is the Memorare:
"Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment