ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Trailer Time: Teddy Bear


To me, foreign movies are like the China Max at the mall.  You know that every time you try it, it leaves you with a sour taste, but you walk by and it looks enticing so you think maybe this time it will be different.

I find most foreign films (to borrow a phrase from the mighty John Nolte) cynicism wrapped in nihilism.

But I've watched this trailer a few times and I immediately attached to the main character, Dennis.  I found the imagery so potent:  a man so frightfully lonely that he has amassed a suit of armor made of muscle to protect himself.  I don't know if the film will be any good, but the trailer made desire very much that he find someone and be happy.

There is another trailer online that makes clear that when Dennis goes to Thailand he is not looking just for physical companionship.  He wants to fall in love.

The movie is actually a sort-of sequel to a short film called Dennis.  You can check the whole movie on on youtube here.  But the last minute is both disturbing and sad.  I'm hopping Teddy Bear is not the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment