ReasonForOurHope

Friday, March 15, 2024

Trailer Time: The Crow (2024)

 

(I'm not posting the trailer itself here because there is some mature content in it that I do not want to post here)

CLICK YOUTUBE LINK HERE TO VIEW

I was a big fan of the original Crow when it first came out.  It very much captured the grunge spirit of the age.  I wonder how it would hold up to if I watched it today?

Ultimately it is B-movie action film with a supernatural twist.  It has a strong tone, but it never tries to be more than it is.  I remember going to see the sequel with my cousin and we both agreed that it was pretentious dreck, having none of the B-movie fun of the original.

This new Crow looks more like the sequel rather than the original.  Something about it feels like an empty exercise, capturing none of the emotion of the first. The action for this new one looks like it could be good.  But this Eric Draven looks even mopier than the original.  At least Brandon Lee had a sense of humor and danger about him.  This looks like its trying to be John Wick without the fun.


Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment