ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Trailer Time: The Lord of the Rings - The Rings of Power Teaser 2



Visually, this show looks stunning.

And I know that this is still just a teaser, but I still have no idea what this show is about.  I know that they are trying to tease us with some great evil that Galadriel has witnessed, but I'm not sure that this is grabbing me.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this looks bad.  I just don't have a strong attachment to it like I have other Tolkien projects.

If I were to guess, I would think that the sky rock that we've seen teased will be the source of the material out of which the rings of power are made.  I'm curious if this is a piece of an exploding volcano or Mt Doom or if it is an asteroid.  If it is an asteroid, I'm not sure how that would fit into Tolkien's cosmology.

Thoughts so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment