ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Trailer Time: Ready Player One Comic Con Teaser





My first thought when I saw this teaser was, "The licensing alone must have cost this movie a fortune!"

I think that's why so many properties owned by Warner Bros. are featured prominently like the Iron Giant or DC characters.  But I'm pretty sure Back to the Future is owned by Universal.  If this movie is really going to incorporate as many pop culture items as its teasing, then they must have shelled out tens of millions of dollars.

I've read the book and I enjoyed it a great deal, but it was incredibly cynical, with an unlikeable lead, and the whole story had lots of nostalgia, but no heart.  That is why I am so excited that Steven Spielberg is the director.  Say what you will about Spielberg (who I happen to think is the greatest film director of all time), but he knows how to reach the heart.

I also got a big kick out of how they used the music from Willy Wonka, which has very strong thematic connections to this movie.

I need to see more to get psyched, but I like what I see so far.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment