ReasonForOurHope

Sunday, October 12, 2014

New TV Show Mini Review UPDATE - Blackish



In my original review of this show, I said that it was worth checking out.  After watching the second episode, I'm out.

I apologize if I get a little graphic, but it is hard to describe why I'm dropping the show without pointing to the content.

In the second episode, the main character, Andre, catches his son in an act of self abuse.  That, in and of itself is not the problem, though I do find it disturbing that already they are delving into the sexual behavior of children.  But what turned me off was the response of the parents.  The mother thinks it's cute.  The dad decides to give his son tips on how to pick up women.

Never is the morality of what happened brought up.  In fact, they parents are enabling their son to be caught up in a world of sexual debasement and addiction.

Look, I'm not that hard to please.  When this was brought up on the show Roseanne, the response of the parents was to say, okay it's happening, but let's not talk about it.  That is problematic, but there is a difference between ignoring a moral bad and encouraging it.

This is especially disturbing because it involves a child.

I found this so distasteful that I was completely turned off.  Blackish has already gotten a full season pick up, but I will not be watching.

1 out of 5 stars
AVOID

No comments:

Post a Comment