CLICK HERE FOR THE YOUTUBE VIDEO
"Hey, pal."
I think this might be the make-or-break moment for the MCU. In TV series parlance, the MCU seems to have "jumped the shark" after Endgame. This movie is an attempt to recapture that magic.
For me this trailer has some pros and cons.
PROS:
1. Doom look great.
I know we don't get a great view of him, but I love the sense of raw power and menace that we get from him.
2. Thor looks awesome.
I like this return to the serious warrior of the original Thor films, which gives him the gravitas needed for this trailer.
3. Action looks great.
I've heard that this is going to be the most expensive film ever made. If so, I'm hoping to get my money's worth out of the spectacle.
CONS:
1. Heavy focus on Post-Phase 3.
Even Thor narrates, most of the shots are focused on the heroes from the MCU after Endgame. While I don't dislike them, if the strategy is to bring back the fans who have dropped off, showing off Namor probably isn't going to help with that. Though, seeing phase 4 Loki was cool.
2. Wiping the slate?
Based on this, I fear that they might be reaching back to pre-MCU films as a way to wipe them out rather than incorporate them into the MCU. But I could be wrong.
3. Spider-Man?????
Now, as if often the case, Marvel may be keeping their powder dry by not showing us some of their biggest hit characters like Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Deadpool. But the thing that I am most interested in is seeing how Spider-Man reacts to this new villain, and I got nothing.
Thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment