ReasonForOurHope

Friday, January 26, 2024

Trailer Time: Road House - Official Trailer (2024)



While I enjoy the simplicity of the original Roadhouse, a was never a gigantic fan.  I didn't mind the violence, but the explicit adult content was a turn-off.  (Although one of my best friends claims this as one of his favorite movies).  The original has a cult status and I think a lot of credit should be given to the ultra-cool performance of Patrick Swayze.

So I wasn't thinking much of a remake.  However, I've been a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal since his amazing turn in The Night Crawler.  

What I like about this trailer is that it is big on high-octane action.  I like the juxtaposition of Gyllenhaal's soft, tenor voice and the brutality of his physique which he uses to dish out punishment.  

I also like the fact that this movie doesn't look to be trying to "elevate" the material.  It knows what it is, giving us an over-the-top Connor McGregor as one of the antagonists.  

I don't know... I kind of dug this trailer and it makes me want to give it a chance when it comes to Amazon Prime (though the director Doug Liman wanted a theatrical release).

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment