ReasonForOurHope

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Superman: Legacy Casting Announcement

 James Gunn just announced the new Superman and Lois Lane:

David Corenswet and Rachel Brosnahan.


Regarding Corenswet, I don't have much of an opinion yet.  I haven't seen him in anything.  My first impression is that he looks like a younger version of Henry Cavill.  Like Christopher Reeve, he is a Juilliard graduate, so I am hopeful regarding his ability.

However, I have strong feelings when it comes to Brosnahan: I think she is a fantastic choice!  Her work on the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was wonderful (even though I had to stop watching the show because of how the Eucharist was treated).  On that show, she displayed fierce power and intelligence while being completely feminine and funny.  On her show, she reminded me of how Lois Lane acted in the Golden Age and Silver Age comics.  

In my own poll on this blog, readers made it a tie between John Krasinski and Chris Pratt for Superman.  Gunn decided to cast much younger.  Readers voted on Emily Blunt as Lois, and I think she would have been a good choice as well.

We still have other characters to cast, so we will see the announcements.

As of now, I am still cautiously optimistic about this movie.  The only thing that has me nervous is the rumor that the Authority is going to be featured in the film.  This is an R-Rated super hero team and I think if they do any mature content, it will be box office kryptonite (forgive the pun).


Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment