ReasonForOurHope

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Trailer Time: The Flash Trailer #2



The opening to this trailer got to me.  The monologue by Michael Keaton's Batman gets at the heart of his character and the heart of the entire dilemma behind The Flashpoint, the inspiration for this movie.

I have never been a fan of the casting of Ezra Miller as Barry Allen, even before all of the scandals regarding his behavior.  Despite that, I found myself looking forward to this movie.  I don't think its an accident that this leans very heavily into Keaton's performance.  And I have to say, after 33 years since the original Batman, Keaton looks pretty darn good in the role.  

Without getting too spoiler-y, I think that one of the two Barry Allens is going to take on the role of the Reverse-Flash.  What I find interesting is that I cannot tell which one it is going to be.  I'm intrigued by the possibility that the Barry that we begin the movie with might morph into the villain.

Visually, the movie looks excellent. I love how it really adapts to the look of both Tim Burton's Batman and Zack Snyder's Man of Steel.  The last shot even evokes the "moon logo" gag from 1989 film.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment