ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Trailer Time: Weird- The Al Yankovic Story -


I have been a fan of "Weird" Al Yankovic since I was a child.  I even had the opportunity to see him in concert in the middle 1980's.  And I will fight anyone who disagrees that UHF is one of the funniest films ever made.

I am incredibly excited for this movie.  I like the feel and tone of it.  Instead of it being a straight-up docudrama, it feels like one of his over-the-top daydream sequences from UHF.  Everything seems just the right amount of silly while taking things super, super seriously.  I particularly like the part where he puts out a cigarette on someone's hand.

This is a movie I would have gone to see in the theaters, but I will watch it opening night on the Roku channel.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment