ReasonForOurHope

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Trailer Time: Black Adam


Black Adam is one of the most fascinating characters in the DCU.

For most of his existence in comics, he was a stereotypical villain.  But in the pages of Justice Society, evolved into something much more complex.  More than any other character in the comics, he vacillates between villain, hero, and antihero.

I really like the look of Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam.  The shot of him flying between the jets looked all kinds of awesome.  

I also think that they captured his spirit when he talked about being a hero who kills.  That is essential to the character.  I'm not saying I agree with Black Adam's philosophy, but I like that the film makers understand the character and his perspective.  

It was also very cool to see Dr. Fate, Atom Smasher, and Hawkman.  My big critique is that I don't have a strong sense of the story.  Also, I want to see if Johnson can pull off the menace of Black Adam.  As an actor, he has incredible charisma.  But you have to believe that Black Adam could murder you on the spot if you fail to live up to his sense of justice.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment