ReasonForOurHope

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Trailer Time: Dune Trailer #2


I am not an afficiando of Dune.  I know very little about it.  I was vaguely familiar with the movie from the 1980's, primarily because my dad got me Dune toys for Christmas (I think he thought they were close to Star Wars).  

The first teaser was interesting and it showed up the very impressive visuals.

The biggest compliment I can give this trailer is that I have now started reading the original novel in anticipation of seeing this movie.

The best part of this trailer is Jason Momoa.  He infuses a lot of charm and personality into this very super-serious tone.  

I also really liked that amidst the epic sci-fi backdrop, the trailer had great moments of family drama.  I particularly was touched by Paul speaking to his father about his insecurities about being a leader.  I found his father's response both wise and emotional.

The rest of the cast looks very good as well.  I've never been a fan of Timothee Chalamet, but he was excellent in 2019's Little Women and he seems to be doing a fine job here.

While I still do not know much of anything about the story yet, I am oddly excited to see this movie.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment