ReasonForOurHope

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Trailer Time: A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD





I honestly don't know what it was about Mr. Rogers that made him so darn compelling.

He was a soft-spoken, wisp of a man who was the most non-dramatic TV star in history.

And yet there is something about him that draws you into is orbit.

I'm hoping this movie explores this well.  It seems like they are, without trying to find out some kind of "dark side" to his life.  I especially love the shot of him praying by his bedside.

Hanks looks very amiable in the role.  His cadence is a little bit like Forrest Gump, but I don't mind too much.  I'm guessing from the shots that the approach will be more about how Mr. Rogers affected other people rather than a deep look into his inner life, but I could be wrong.  I have to say the part at the end where this incredibly diverse group of people on the subway sings to him was very touching in the simplicity of the affection.

It seems like this movie will be a celebration of ordinary decency and kindness.  And isn't that a good thing?

Thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment