ReasonForOurHope

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Trailer Time: IT - CHAPTER TWO





This is a great trailer!



I have lost my taste for most horror movies, but IT, hits me at a primal level.  While the monster is important, the main reason why this movie connected to people was because we fell in love with the characters.  And now we get to see the trauma of childhood play out in adulthood in a visceral way.



The director, Andy Muschietti, is masterful at the use of atmosphere, color, and framing.  Those closeups feel so claustrophobic, terrifying you because you cannot see your environment.  But best of all, he knows how to use the background space to create tension and fear.



And I particularly love the shot of the Losers looking at their youthful reflections.  Bill Hader particularly looks great and I can't wait to see if the Old Spice Guy can bring that charisma to the part of Mike.



I will be there to see this opening night.

No comments:

Post a Comment