ReasonForOurHope

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Sunday Best: Superbowl Commercials 2019




I am not a football fan, but I do enjoy watching Super Bowl commercials. 

This year's selection wasn't the most memorable or creative.  It feels like a lot of advertisers are playing it safe, worried about offending the wrong people.

But of the commercials aired, here are my top 5

Hyundai


This was the only commercial that really made me laugh and it got its point across well about offering a service that takes away the pain of car shopping.



NFL


I think I would have enjoyed this more if I was a fan of the game.  But even so, I understood the good-natured spirit of it and it was enjoyable.


Microsoft










I imagine one of the worries about having a child with a chronic condition is that they will miss out on some of the simple joys of childhood like gaming.  This commercial touched me because I know that the market for these types of controllers may be small, but it brings a great deal of joy these children's lives.


VERIZON




This one got me only because I was not expecting the emotional twist, even though you should see ti coming a mile away.  The fact that these are real people and we get to see something so good and kind in this world... it was very nice.


Avengers: Endgame



Needless to say, this was the one everyone was talking about.  The visuals were scarce and it didn't give us much more detail.  But I am fine with that, because I want to go into the final movie surprised.  They are capturing such a tone of finality that I will be relieved if any of the heroes make it out alive.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment