ReasonForOurHope

Monday, October 1, 2018

New Evangelizers Post: Curing the Rot of the Clergy Scandal


I have a new article up at NewEvangelizers.com.  

A few years ago I broke my back.

I spent a month in the hospital recovering, learning to perform basic actions like walking again. Getting out and getting home was one of the greatest reliefs of my life. About a week after that I came down with a serious flu. I had the chills, I was nauseated, and I had a terrible fever. On the fifth day, I started feeling a bit better, but my back started feeling wet. My wife took me in to the doctor and my back had puss oozing out of it. They admitted me back to the hospital because it turns out I didn’t have the flu, but a nasty staph infection. Liters of puss leaked out of my surgical site.

And so I prepared for another surgery. The doctors had to open up my back again and surgically remove the infection. But that wasn’t enough. If any of that infection penetrated deeper into to body, there could be more serious complications.They had put in a PICC line into my veins, which is like an IV port. For the next several weeks, I would have to administer intravenous antibiotics into my body three times a day. The whole experience was an ordeal that I do not wish to repeat any time soon.

Why have just described this traumatic illness to you in such graphic terms?

Because that is what is happening and must happen regarding the current clergy scandal.

You can read the whole article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment