ReasonForOurHope

Monday, September 15, 2014

Trailer Time: Christian Mingle - The Movie

I viewed this trailer more out of morbid curiosity than anything.  When I saw that former child star and Maxim cover model Lacey Chabert was in a movie about Christian Mingle, I wanted to see how badly Hollywood was once again going to depict people of faith.

But I watched the trailer and to my surprise, it actually is a respectful look at Christians.

The plot apparently is that Chabert can't find love in her regular places so she decides to try a nice Christian guy.  What I like about this is how alien faith and religion seem to her.  I have to tell you as a teacher who encounters more and more unchurched kids, that is exactly how they see Christianity: not as something they have and don't understand but as something strange and distant.

I don't know if it is going to be any good, but seeing faith in film unmocked for a change is like cool water on a hot day.

Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment