ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

First Look at the New Batman

Behold: Batffleck!






















A few thoughts on this image:

-Notice how bulky Batman is.  Like Cavill's Superman, Affleck's hero is going be dense with muscle.

-This version of the Batsuit reminds me very much of The Dark Knight Returns.  The horns are trim, the logo is very wide and flat on the chest.

-I like the little I see of the Batmobile.  It looks more like Tim Burton's version than the tumbler from Nolan's movies.  And that's good with me.

-This might not mean anything, but the first released image of Cavill for Man of Steel gave us a sense of his character: powerful, aggressive, dynamic.  This image of Batman, like The Dark Knight Returns, looks more pensive.  He appears more the weary warrior.  Maybe I'm reading too much into the image, but that is what I see.

-Summer of 2016 can't get here fast enough for me!

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment