ReasonForOurHope

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

New Evangelizers Post: St. Peter - One of Us

I have a new post up at NewEvangelizers.com.


ST. PETER - ONE OF US

I sometimes imagine a dialogue between God and Humanity where we complain to Him.

HUMANITY: God, you are too far above us!  How can we ever hope to be perfect as You are perfect?

GOD:  I understand.  So I shall become one of you.  I will be the Man Jesus and I will show you how you are to live a perfect human life.

HUMANITY: But that isn’t fair!  Jesus is a Divine Person!  We are mere creatures.  How could we, your creation, possible imitate someone so perfect?

GOD: I understand.  So I shall give you the Blessed Virgin.  She is no God.  She is a creature.  And she shall be your model of human holiness.

HUMANITY: But that isn’t fair!  She has no Original Sin.  We are fallen creatures!  How can we base our lives on her-

GOD: FINE!  You can’t deal with perfection!  Then I’ll send to you the biggest screw-up I can find, and HE will be your leader and role model.  Now you have no more excuses.

...

You can read the whole thing here

No comments:

Post a Comment