ReasonForOurHope

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Charity of the Month: The Wounded Warrior Project

Thank you to everyone who donated to last month's charity.

This month, I'd like to focus on the Wounded Warrior Project.




I have great respect for those fighting men and women in the armed forces.  As someone who is 4F, I don't think I'll ever know the kind of valor that they know by putting themselves in harms way to protect our most basic freedoms.

I remind my students that poverty, slavery, and war are the rule in world history.  Bounty, freedom, and peace are the exception.

A quote that has been attributed (though possibly misattributed) to George Orwell is:

""We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."

But this service does come at cost to so many.


Some gave their last full measure of devotion by laying down their lives for their country.  But many, with no less devotion, survived but scarred.  


I have always believed that we have a duty to honor those who answered the call of duty.  And we must help them when we can.


The Wounded Warrior Project helps those who are injured by war with projects to help them physically, psychologically, financially, and communally.  


The Wounded Warrior Project is committed to helping these men and women do the heroic thing of having a normal, healthy, happy life.


Please consider donating here


(as always I will never ask of anyone something I have not done myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment