ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Trailer Time: Restless Heart



It is providential that I saw this trailer.  I was just giving a lecture this evening partly on Augustine, and then I came home and found the trailer to this film.

I have two hesitations:

1.  The story of Augustine is so much an interior journey that I have trouble seeing how they could sustain his story outwardly in a movie.
2.  I can see already that they've taken liberties with the story to solve the 1st problem.  None of the liberties are too egregious.  And they help get at who Augustine was thematically.

I will see this film because I couldn't help but be stirred by the juxtaposition in the end of the trailer between oncoming destruction met with resilient faith and absolute love.

No comments:

Post a Comment