ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trailer Time: Taken 2



The first trailer to the original Taken I put down as one of the greatest trailers of all time.

I like the fact that this one continues the story and isn't simply a case of "Oh no, an extrodinary series of events is happening to me again for no reason" ala Die Hard 2 and Speed 2: Cruise Control.  The deaths in the last movie have consequences which now must be paid.

This trailer isn't great, but it looks like it won't destroy the work done by the first one, so I will definitely see this opening night.

By the way, I was speaking to my brother in law, let's call him Ooskon, who commented about modern action movies.  For him, the fights seemed to clean and choreographed; they are more like a dance than a fight.  Of note in Taken is that Neeson, who is now 60, doesn't leap in the air with acrobatic flair.  Instead, he plows through with efficient brutality. 

And I for one can't wait to see more.

1 comment: