ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Movie Report Card 2012




Summer Movie Season is my favorite. Yes, the “important” movies come out in the fall so that they are fresher in the minds of Academy Awards voters, but I think that summer movies are cinema at its purest. Strangers from all walks of life crowd together for a shared experience that will hopefully thrill and delight them. And this feeling is accentuated by sharing it with others in that theater.

The season has started earlier and earlier. Now, it seems to go from the beginning of May until mid August. So how were this Summer's movies?

Below is a breakdown of the movies I saw this Summer along with their grade:




What to Expect When You're Expecting D+


MOVIES I DID NOT SEE:
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
MIB 3
Battleship
Magic Mike
Dark Shadows
Savages (2012)
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Total Recall (2012)
Moonrise Kingdom
Rock of Ages
The Bourne Legacy (pending)
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
That's My Boy
Tyler Perry's Good Deeds
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
Step Up Revolution
The Campaign
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Hope Springs
To Rome with Love
Safety Not Guaranteed
The Dictator
The Expendables 2 (not yet released)

Most of the movies that I did not see were because they did not interest me. But there are some that I just missed out on like Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, The Campaign, and Safety Not Guaranteed

CONCLUSION

Of the ones that I did see, I think it was a very successful season. 3 of the A movies I've seen multiple times in the theater.

Now we look the the Fall and Holiday Movie Season!

I'd also recommend this article from io9.com


No comments:

Post a Comment