ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Trailer Time: Halo (TV Series)


I really like the look of this show.  I'm very glad they didn't try to "improve" the look of Master Chief.  Seeing him in action makes me nostalgic for all of the countless hours I spent online playing Halo with all of my friends.  The action looks dynamic and the visuals look fun.

However...

I just came across some rumors that say that the main character of the show is not Master Chief but the young girl he saves, Quan Ah.  If that is the case, then I will be seriously upset.

Kevin Smith did something very similar with Masters of the Universe: Revelations, where he sidelined He-Man during the first episode and instead made Teela the main hero.  There is nothing wrong with this idea per se, but it seems shady to try and bait and switch your fans.

If the show is about Quan, it would be a real thumb in the eye to Halo fans like me.  It would be like finally being able to see a Legend of Zelda live action series only to have it focus not on Link but on the Skull Kid from Majora's Mask.

What are you thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment