ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Chaplet of Life

 Hello,

I do my best to avoid politics on this blog simply because I find that this subject can dominate and overshadow all other considerations.  What I am about to write is not political in intention, but it involves the political process.

As there is an absence on the Supreme Court, a new justice may possibly be placed on the bench.  With this comes the possibility of finally overturning Roe v. Wade, the court case that opened the door to legalized abortion and the slaughter of millions of children in the womb.  All that is needed are five justices on the Supreme Court who understand that all people, even those unborn, have the right to life. 

There have been times where the possibility of overturning Roe has come up but not realized.  For that reason, I am not terribly optimistic, but I am always hopeful.  In fact, I would say that at this moment we are closer to overturning Roe than at any time since it was handed down.

A common misconception is that if Roe v. Wade is overturned that abortion becomes illegal throughout the country.  That would not be the case.  If Roe is overturned, then the laws return to what they were before the case was decided, which is that each state gets to make its own laws regarding abortion.  I believe that is why in the last few years some legislatures, like in New York state, have passed laws that legalize abortion up until birth.  So if Roe is overturned, states like New York will still be able to legally kill children in the womb.  But my state, Ohio, might pass more restrictive laws.  

With that in mind, we must remember that the most important thing we can do is pray.  Yes, making our voices heard to our politicians and being present at the marches is important as well, since these are public demonstrations of our morals.  But we will not be able to achieve this important goal except by the grace of God.  Only He can save the unborn.  We are merely workers in His vineyard.  Christ said that some demons you can only remove by prayer and fasting (Matt 17:21).  And if we want the demonic murder of these children to end, we must also take up prayer and fasting.

For the last twelve years, my wife and I have been praying a Chaplet of Life for the unborn every day.  I would like to share this Chaplet with you and invite you to pray with us, especially at this moment in history.

The Chaplet is prayed on a rosary like the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.  The way you pray the Chaplet of Life is this:


Pray 3 "Glory Be's."

Pray 1 "Our Father."

Then on the "Our Father" beads you pray a "Hail Mary."

Then on the "Hail Mary" beads you pray:

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph... we love you, save souls and unborn children."

After 5 decades, you close with the Memorare:

"Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen."


However you pray, let us join together in prayer that Our Lord may deliver our country from the scourge of abortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment