ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Charity of the Month: American Red Cross and Local Food Banks



I know that I have often championed the Red Cross here on this blog.  One of the things I like about them is that they get a good percentage of the funds raised to people who need it.  And because their organization has such a large reach, many people can be affected. 

Another thing I like about them is that you can earmark where you want your donations to go.  For example, if you want the money to help with relief for the current pandemic, you can direct your donation there.

You can donate here

And since all charity should begin locally, I would encourage you to make a donation to your local food bank.  Many people are feeling food insecurity and could use our help.  At my local food bank, they say that every dollar can provide 4 nutritious meals.  Even giving $10 would mean that you have fed the poor 40 times, and that is a beautiful thing.

Please consider giving something.  Even though money is tight for many of us, there is always someone who is in greater poverty.  Remember the poor widow who have only two pennies.  Christ said that she gave more than all the ones who have from their surplus, because she gave from her need. 

As always, I will never ask anyone to do anything I am not willing to do myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment