ReasonForOurHope

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Trailer Time: Guardians of the Galaxy

I have loved all of the Marvel movies since Iron Man.  Or at the very least, I have gotten my money's worth for the price of admission.

And now we have the first trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy.  Watch here.


Before I stopped reading io9.com, one of their contributors commented that Guardians of the Galaxy will be Marvel's first flop.

After this trailer I'm inclined to agree.

The special effects look great.  Chris Pratt looks awesome.

It's John C. Reilly that's bothering me.

It isn't that he is playing a big part (I don't know one way or another).  But if you listen to his tone, his cadence... It feels like he belongs in something closer to Spaceballs than Star Wars.

I get that Marvel movies have strong elements of humor.  But this might be too much.  It has a very 5th Element vibe to it.

And I HATED The 5th Element.

I'm open-minded.  But I'm pessimistic.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment