ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Trailer Time: Avengers - Age of Ultron

So the interwebs gave us an early gift.  Marvel announced that the new Avengers trailer would premiere during next week's Agents of SHIELD.  But it leaked early.  Marvel wisely decided not to fight it and released the trailer early.  They even showed some humor by tweeting this:





Anyway, I really like the trailer.  It is very dark, which I find interesting for 2 reasons.

1.  The original Avengers came out the same year as The Dark Knight Rises and there were a lot of comparisons between the lightness of Avengers as opposed to the darkness of TDKR.  And yet a lot of those same people are excited about the darkness of Age of Ultron.

2.  I'm wondering if the Avengers series is going to go Full Whedon.  What I mean by that is that I've noticed that Joss Whedon's stories start out light and fun, even a little campy.  But then they degenerate into existential dred.  This is something that I believe is an outgrowth of his atheistic philosophy.  I am curious as to how dark he is going to let the Avengers get or how dark Marvel will let him make it.

Here is the trailer:



I especially like the creepy Pinocchio music.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment