ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Trailer Time: One Life


I happen to know the story behind this movie and I am so happy that they have finally turned it into a film.

One Life is the story of Sir Nicholas Winton.  Right before the German occupation of Czecolavaki, Winton organized a gigantic effort to relocate hundreds of Jewish children as refugees to escape the holocoast.  The story seems to be told in flashback, as Winton spent most of his years with his amazingly heroic efforts going unrecognized.

Not only does this movie look as though it will inspiring and harrowing, I love the dilogue I heard.  There is a part where someone says to a younger Winton that he has a lot of faith in the common man.  His response is, "I am a common man."  This hit me very hard because of how the film seems to be promoting this noble idea: the common man is capable of uncommon heroism.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment