ReasonForOurHope

Friday, December 2, 2022

Trailer Time: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Teaser



I love Indiana Jones.

Even though I am one of the few people that thinks Last Crusade is better than Raiders, I think that Indiana Jones is one of the best adventure heroes in cinematic history.

I remember going to the midnight showing of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull dressed up as Indy.  Currently in the front of my classroom is a replica of the Grail that Indy and his father find.  

If I was going off only by what I saw in this teaser I would be very excited.  Seeing Indy, even older Indy, fills me with a strong sense of affection.  The CGI looks a little too heavy, but some of the locals and shots look stunning.  And I loved that wonderful moment of the bullwhip vs the guns: classic Indy.

My problem is that I have been hearing disturbing rumors about how Indy is treated in this movie.  Normally I wouldn't let that affect me as much, but Disney has a track record of taking its iconic heroes and dragging them through the mud until they are unrecognizable.  

I hope that this won't happen to Indy.  

Since Crystal Skull, my expectations are much lower than normal.  But as long as the movie isn't awful, I will be satisfied to see one of my movie heroes up on the big screen one last time.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment