ReasonForOurHope

Monday, July 13, 2015

Trailer Time: Suicide Squad Comic Con Trailer



My thoughts:

1.  Viola Davis is awesome as Amanda Waller.  I love the way she delivers the line "Getting people to act against their own self interest is what I do."

2.  I was surprised at how little they emphasized either Will Smith or Tom Hardy in this trailer.

3.  As cool as it looks, I want to see more of the characters personalities and how they play off of each other.

4.  Loved the bad guy wearing the Batman mask as he shoots up the place.

5.  I really liked Jared Leto's Joker so far.  He is scary.

6.  The slow child singing feels like a rip-off from the "Got No Strings" in the Age of Ultron trailer.

7.  I know that it's Margot Robbie playing Harley Quinn.  But I can't help but see Britta (Gillian Jacobs) from Community when I look at her.  Is it me?

Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Maybe i'm looking to for into it but they had what looks like some kind of evil/demonic star symbol behind one of the prisoners which is pretty unnecessary to put in the movie. What do you think skywalker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought that character was Black Alice, but when I looked it up she is playing the Enchantress. Because DC has rebooted and retconned itself so many times, there have been several incarnation of her. But the one I think they are going with is this:

      June Moon is a good person who is bonded with/possessed by the evil spirit of magically powered being called the Enchantress. I think the movie is going to go the whole "Jekyll and Hyde" route with this character. With that in mind, thinking that they depict the Enchantress as evil and June as good, I'm not as freaked out by the demonic symbols, as long as they are used to portray evil as evil.

      I understand not being comfortable with these things. My wife, who is much wiser and holier than me, also shares this aversion.

      For my part, if the evil thing is shown in an evil way, then it is a good warning to others. I think of The Exorcist which showed demonic things as pure evil.

      But that is just my opinion. I could be very wrong on this.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. appreciate your response and I'm glad you can at least understand my aversion.

    ReplyDelete