ReasonForOurHope

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Cinematic Genius of Steven Spielberg (Video)

Readers of this blog know of my overwhelming admiration for the genius of Steven Spielberg.  I believe he is the greatest director of all time.

Sometimes I find it difficult to convey the poetry and magic of his work.  Then I found the below video online by Steven Benedict and it is such a wonderfully brief analysis of his work.  Some of the things I had picked up before, but others were incredibly insightful.

I especially love the part where the narrator  highlights the spiritual aspects of Spielberg's work.  I do not know if Spielberg is particularly religious, but he understands that most humans who have ever lived believe in something beyond us and he wisely taps into that universal human experience.

If you love Spielberg like I do, it is worth your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment