ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Trailer Time: Horizon: An American Saga


A few months ago my wife and I did a Kevin Costner marathon of films.  It is amazing to me how many high quality films he has been in.  On top of that, he showed some real skill as a director.  I got a chance to rewatch Dances with Wolves for the first time in years and truly appreciated the quality of that picture.

However, Costner can miss big as well.  Many people still remember the sting of The Postman.

This new project: Horizon has me intrigued.  We once again see Costner return to his love for the Old West.  The scope of it looks epic.  I like the fact that he is once again swinging for the fences with a two-part film, both of which comes out this summer.  That is a big risk with potentially big reward.

The story looks sprawling with several characters.  This looks like it could be its biggest asset, but it cold also be its biggest detriment.  I'm worried that they are going to be too many characters and stories to keep the story together.

But watching the trailer, it made me feel a sense of grandeur that few movies do.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment