ReasonForOurHope

Friday, November 11, 2022

Trailer Time - John Wick: Chapter 4


I remember a time before I saw John Wick.  I thought the premise was so silly (assassin kills his way up the Russian mob for revenge over a dog).  And then I saw the film and it blew my mind in a way that few movies could.

And now we have a full-blown franchise (along with upcoming spinnoffs).  

I really liked this teaser for John Wick: Chapter 4.  Every chapter of this story draws us deeper into this increasingly complex and interesting underworld that exists just below the surface.

The opening scene of this teaser harkens us back to root of John Wick: he is a man mourning the death of his wife.  He is also a man of contradictions and depth that he often keeps closely hidden.  I remember in Chapter 2, when he was asked if he feared hell.  He simply answered, "Yes."   I like how in this teaser he says that he doesn't believe his dead wife can hear him in the afterlife.  When asked why he keeps speaking to her, he says very simply, "I could be wrong."  This is something so powerful in that stoic simplicity

The action also looks like more over-the-top fun.  I have enjoyed every chapter of this saga and I see no reason why this next will ruin that winning streak.  

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment