ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Trailer Time: Daredevil TV Series

I am in the minority of people who loved the Affleck Daredevil, especially the Director's Cut.  But despite my strange tastes, the movie is generally panned.

So it is understandable that Marvel did not want to do another theatrical feature, but is instead rebooting Daredevil for the small screen.

I am very curious about this series.  I love that it is on Netflix, so as soon as it comes out, I can spend a weekend binge-watching it (if it's any good).

I also love how Marvel is keeping with the synergy of the movie and television properties, unlike DC.  This show will tie into to the same universe as Avengers, Agents of SHIELD, etc.


Thoughts?

(Oh, and I kind of dig how his first outfit looks like his costume from The Trial of the Incredible Hulk).

2 comments:

  1. Just found this blog, it is neat to see other Catholics who take a strong interest in popular culture. Daredevil will be interesting I think; definitely will have a different style from the "main" heroes and I expect the show to be very similar to CW's Arrow. However, the director has mentioned that Matt Murdock's Catholicism will actually play a strong part in the show so that should be interesting to see. I didn't love nor did I hate Ben Affleck's Daredevil, but I am definitely excited for this, provided they eventually give him his full costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I am trepidatious about the Catholic aspect. I'm assuming that Disney/Marvel won't want to do too much to hurt their brand, but this is to be a more mature show, so they might go darker. I think it could be a nice textured layer, juxtaposing his faith with his vengeance. But we'll have to see.

      Delete