ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Trailer Time: Men, Women, and Children

This trailer is a little bit on the mature side, but I bring it up here for a few reasons.

I love Jason Reitman as a director.  I think Young Adult was a misfire and I missed Labor Day.  I think he is capable of doing something very interesting with the subject.

The other thing is this: I've been teaching film production for a few years and I've had this theme or something like it brought up in a few student films.  The idea is that even though we are more and more connected through technology and social media, this artificial connection blunts and acts as a barrier to real human connection.  Because I've seen it so often I think its tapping into something in the zeitgeist.

Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment