ReasonForOurHope

Monday, December 24, 2012

What DId Baby Pope Ask From Baby Jesus?




Hat tip to Kelly O.

Found in some old paper's at his sister's home, a letter from 7-year-old Joseph Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI.  It is addressed to the Baby Jesus for Christmas.  It reads as follows:


Dear Baby Jesus,
Quickly come down to earth. You will bring joy to children. Also bring me joy. I would like a Volks-Schott, green clothing for Mass and a heart of Jesus. I will always be good.
Greetings from Joseph Ratzinger

Please read the whole article here, where it explains what the Christmas list means.

Of course it makes me feel badly that I asked for action figures and video games for Christmas when I was 7-years-old. (and this year too)

1 comment:

  1. There is a charming post (forget where), where big brother Georg recounts two-year-old Joseph crying because he wanted a teddy bear from a local toyshop. Fortunately for him Papa Ratzinger came through. :)

    ReplyDelete