ReasonForOurHope

Monday, November 26, 2012

Saint Andrew Christmas Novena

November 30th is coming up and it is the feast of St. Andrew the Apostle.

I will have more things to say about this later, but for now, I wanted to share with you the St. Andrew Novena.  It is a prayer that is prayed 15 times each day from Nov. 30th through December 24th.

As we get caught up in the holiday season, I have always found this prayer a helpful reminder about the true purpose of Advent as we prepare the manger of our hearts for the coming of the Lord.

I know that prayer it 15 times each day can seem like a commitment, but after saying so many times, it because fairly easy to memorize.  Also it can be broken up throughout the day, for example 5 times in the morning, 5 in the afternoon, and 5 right before bed.

My wife and I will be praying this starting in a few days and I would invite any of you who have a special intention to join us in that prayer.


Saint Andrew Christmas Novena



Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires, through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment