ReasonForOurHope

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Trailer Time: The Marvels



I was not someone who hated Captain Marvel, nor did I detest Ms. Marvel.  I didn't think that either were the best that Marvel had to offer, but there was a great deal of intense emotion about these characters.

Despite this, I was not looking forward to seeing what we had in store for The Marvels.  And I think those lowered expectations have helped me enjoy this trailer.

The part that won me over was how Kamala freaks out after the "cat" eats those aliens.  What I liked about it so much was how real it felt.  Kamala has a very normal human reaction.  So often in the MCU, someone will experience an horrific death and it is followed by some cynical quip.  I know that if I witnessed what Kamala witnessed, I would need a change of underwear.

What I also noticed was how Carol Danvers did not feel front and center of what is ostensibly a sequel to her billion-dollar film.  If anyone seems to be taking the lead it is Monica Rambeau, which is fine with me.  

Very little is revealed except that somehow the three leads have their powers intertwined, causing some chaos.  I'm curious as to where the story is headed.

I'm not saying that this has me as excited as Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, but I am more interested in this movie now than I was before.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment