ReasonForOurHope

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Trailer Time: Terminator - Dark Fate





I'll be honest, I have no idea what to make of this movie.



If this had been the third Terminator film, I think I would be fairly excited.  But the every movie in this franchise since T2 has been sub-par to total disaster (although Terminator: Salvation does have some cool moments).  So Terminator Part 6 doesn't have nearly as strong as shine on it as its predecessors.



It seems to hit all of the Terminator boxes:

-someone needs a protector to save the future

-that protector is outmatched by a more advanced death machine

-'splosions.



I also get a weird feeling based on the visuals that there is going to be a strong political allegory running through this film.  Maybe I'm wrong.  But if I'm not, this would disastrous.



Though it is nice to see Linda Hamilton and Arnold together again.



I don't know... does this franchise still have any legs?



I'm not saying it looks bad.  It's just that they still need to sell me.  When they cast Joaquim Phoenix as the Joker, I thought it was terrible casting.  But that first teaser sold me 100%.  I can still be persuaded on Terminator: Dark Fate, but they need to give me more.





Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment