ReasonForOurHope

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Trailer Time: Venom

CLICK HERE FOR THE YOUTUBE VERSION OF THE TRAILER.

Okay.

Okay, okay.

This looks bad.

I mean this looks monumentally bad.

The teaser and the first trailer looked like it had potential, but something is way off here.

Perhaps I'm wrong.  I thought the original Guardians of the Galaxy was going to be terrible.  But nothing in this Venom trailer works.

First of all, Tom Hardy sounds like an idiot.  This is an actor who has done some incredible transformative work.  And his Eddie Brock sounds like Christopher Walken if he took to many punches to the head. 

Second, the bad guy seems to have no personality or screen presence.  That last shot of the two symbiotes fighting was so confusing.  I couldn't tell one from the other.  It reminded me of the final fight from the Ang Lee Hulk, and that is not a good thing.

Third, the special effects look pretty terrible.

Fourth, this movie looks way too dark.  I know that Venom is an antihero and that he should be more violent.  But when he is describing what he is going to do to the convenient store robber, it just left me with a sick feeling.

Fifth, the humor doesn't work.  That last tag line about him catching a parasite falls so flat that I could hear future audiences groaning.

Thoughts/

No comments:

Post a Comment