ReasonForOurHope

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Trailer Time: Avengers Infinity War - Full Trailer

CLICK HERE TO GO TO SEE THE TRAILER ON YOUTUBE

This is the first trailer that lays out the main plot of the film.

Our beloved Avengers are facing an enemy that has a goal that is simple and diabolical: he wants to kill half of the living beings in the universe.  If he gets all of the infinity stones, then he will achieve his goal.

Here are my assorted thoughts:

-Scale:  The original Avengers was an incredible feat because it brought the leads from four franchise films into one.  As far as I can tell, this movie at least doubles that.  The amount of star power is staggering.

-Spectacle: This movie looks like an epic that eclipses the last two Avengers films.

-Darkness:  I get the sneaking suspicion that this is going to be Marvel's Empire Strikes Back.  The heroes are going to go against nearly impossible odds and I don't think they are going to win.  In fact, I get the feeling that we are going to lose some of our heroes to Thanos.

-Humor:  I got such a kick out of seeing Star Lord and Iron Man match wits for the first time.  Something tells me we are going to need those moments of humor to add levity to the story.

-Music:  Marvel is not known for having iconic scores.  But the Avengers theme rises above.  And to hear that dark piano version in the beginning gave me chills.

-Bearded Cap:  I don't know... there's something about bearded Captain America that is so... raw.  It's like he's been through the desert or he's been in obsesive training ala Rocky IV.  And I really dig it.  That shot of him going mano-a-mano with Thanos is so reminscent of one of the most iconic moments in all of comic books... I can't wait to see it.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Marvel's been building toward this film for years, so it better be good, if not great.

    ReplyDelete